redball: Do you know why you’re here?
redball: I think you do. But I’ll help you out. You were named. Your buddy John Sato ratted you out. We already heard the story from him. We know what’s going down. Now, you can cooperate with us and this will be easy, or you can do this the hard way.
redball: Fine. Listen, I know you think I’m the bad guy here, but really I just want to get this over with. I have a family to get back to. Let’s just get this under way. Mr. Sato already gave us the goods, but I’m going to ask you some questions anyway. Before we begin, I’m going to read you your rights and tell you how this works.
- You have the right to follow the rule of fives. You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are presumed innocent until proven guilty, but nonetheless are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so forth. You must answer your own 5 questions as well. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- You have the right to remain silent. In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- You have the right to an attorney. To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- I’m asking the questions around here, but anyone is free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- We ain’t got all day. To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
You got that, kid?
redball: Good. Let’s get started.
In this episode, our lovable protagonists find themselves trapped in a fairy manga, and in order to survive they have to be interesting.
By being ‘interesting’, the protagonists reveal many interesting cliches and tropes used in manga through the use of many genres.
Today I would like to take a brief moment to discuss the history of manga. This will only take a few words or so.
Clearly, I can’t blog more than one series episodically. I didn’t spend any time working on this post from this episode’s release up until two days later.
Actually that’s horrible reasoning but I can say that I spent, like, all of last night watching Radiohead concerts and not working on this post at all. I also need to do stuff in the rest of my life oh my god.
Anyway, enough about my
and on with my thoughts on this episode.
What I can say is that the first episode just flowed very naturally into the second episode. There couldn’t be a better transition. Also, by itself it’s a great comedic episode, exhibiting a great plethora of witty, unexpected humour.
Hello everyone, az here. Before I get into the bulk of this post, I’d just like to say that Jormungand 10, 11, and 12 will be a single post including the review of the entirety of Season 1. I will be blogging season 2 this winter. I took a bit of a break from writing Jormungand during which I spent time writing for my own blog (which I’m taking a break from now) and overall being weird and lazy.
When I looked at the Summer chart, I really wasn’t so immediately amazed with anything. I only downloaded a few shows for the hell of it and I didn’t expect anything to be good at all. To my surprise, I ended up having quite a good time and picking up a few shows. I’ve certainly picked up Tari Tari and this show, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Sitting at “Maybe” is Natsuyuki Rendezvous.
Anyways, let’s get into this ridiculous pile of weirdness.
It’s weird to see Hibito’s thoughts and not follow up on them too much. The shift in perspective was for convenience of narration and I’m not sure whether it was a good move.
Anyway, really heartwarming and such. Shows that selection processes still can be fair, that the world is still forgiving and understanding.
Oh wow. I don’t remember ever crying during Black Lagoon. This episode was a real tear jerker for me, seeing how tragic Jonah’s story is.
Wow, what a great episode.
So heartwarming, especially with all the hair.
Afro and Spike
also the real purpose of this post is to alert you guys to this:
May fifth has already happened, though. I wonder if this will get subtitled (it is real, by the way)
I like this show well enough, but the fighting was a bit retarded. It was probably the same in Black Lagoon, though.
Jormungand 5 will be a better post.
Today I will actually post about Space Bros. The last two posts on Space Bros were incredibad because they were very incredibad. This actually involves effort because.
oh god oh no god no oh god
He’s going to get cut
by the guys
oh my god
and there will be seventeen episodes of him begging to the Space Agency
I really liked this episode, and although by the second episode I had doubts as to how this will go, this episode really renewed my faith in this show. (Just to clarify, Episode 2 actually made my rating drop to 6/10, even though it doesn’t say so in the post)
This episode was all about girls who are Mary Sues. There’s not much else to say.
Cover rating drops by two points.
Uchuu Kyoudai is now 6/10 (Amazing)
I HAVE BIG GUN
I TOOK IT FROM MY L-
I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself by referencing the show that I’m going to be comparing Jormungand to several times throughout its run, even in this very post.
In actual fact, this show is actually fundamentally different from Black Lagoon, and I think I’m going to be spending most of this post explaining why this is. Wow.
What I can say right now is that I think that I feel that this show will get better with each episode. Even though it’s seinen I would definitely show this to kids (at least from what I got from two episodes), as it really does remind me of family-style movies that I used to watch (except executed slightly better than the American studio).
This episode, which shows the next stage in the astronaut selection process, was a bit more comedic than the last.
It’s definitely not perfect though. Although the animation is generally decent there are a few moments which seem unrealistic, especially with Aunt Sharon.
This is my first time actually doing an anime in its entirety. I actually ~don’t know~ how long Uchuu Kyoudai will be, but I didn’t look it up not because I’m stupid but because I’m pretty much prepared for whatever length this happens to be.
Sorry for being late. I am usually SUPER SUPER GUILTY about being late and am usually kinda punctual with things, but only now have I been given the OK for writing this post before the preview for Spring 2012 comes out.
That was nonsense, sorry. Let’s get on with the SPACE BROS.
I was just strolling in Stanley Park yesterday when suddenly, geese. I saw a geese go behind a tree, and seeing that geese’s beakses seem quite sharp, what if the geese went through the tree instead?
I really don’t know how I got to this picture from that thought.
Here, I’ll let az write the rest of this post:
So, as my first actual post as a guest poster, I’m going to write about a particular episode of Steins;Gate that not too many people would care about. Why? Because it’s a test to see if I can write about anything decently, as I don’t know if I can.
I’m actually almost certain that I’m a guest poster here for the sole purpose of Mushy DISMANTLING MY POST AND CRUSHING MY DREAMS WHILST PUBLICLY HUMILIATING ME EVERY TIME I WRITE A SINGLE WORD, but w/e.
The gist of this episode