2011 Fall Anime Second Thoughts
Phew! Here it is, finally, completely complete and edited and everything! Except for the images, which haven’t been modified in any way except for some resizing. So here it is, over seven thousand and five hundred words later, my twenty-eleven fall, anime, SECOND THOUGHTS! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH *party music*
Please, don’t read this all at once. Symptoms of reading this all at once include boredom, ennui, disinterest, fatigue, indifference, apathy, lethargy, dullness, monotony, tiresomeness, and death.
Well, well, well. Turns out I couldn’t finish this in time. I’ll write the Chihayafuru, Fate/Zero, and concluding segments tomorrow. Don’t bother reading through this mess. At the moment, it’s over 6000 words long, and, well, completely unedited – that’s right, even I haven’t read through this mess of a post. So don’t bother, and I’m not even trying to use reverse psychology on you. I’ll finish editing this tomorrow. Then, I’ll start to spam it on every single blob in the history of ever and wait did I just say blob
well here’s a blob
But at least I made a not-very-pun-thing in the title of this post! Get it? I had First Impressions, and now I have Second Thoughts! Still debating what to call the third post in this series
(the Third Coming?), cause fuck if I’m going to write 11 Half Season Reviews after being 2 months late on every single show.
2011 Fall Anime First Impressions
This is what I expected when I came into the season.
Yes, I expected JINGLE BELLS SINGLE HELL SINGLE ALL THE WAY»
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! 4
[Announcement: So, since I just went to TAKE YOUR CHILD TO WORK DAY, here’s a post about Working!!]
Working!! Half Season Review
System Notice: We now have a live twitterfeed with… AUTOMATIC UPDATES! Thanks to @Walfas and Twitterfeed! Follow /me/ at http://twitter.com/Mushyrulez as I am obviously better than everyone else!
Before we begin:
FLAREDARKNIGHT WINS EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It’s sorta stupid that we have fanart already, when there’s nothing to be a fan of yet and nothing artistic about the site. Anyways, this is going to go in some archives because it is that awesome. Thanks again, flare~!
…So, this is an anime half season review. The tag “Anime Post” is for episode-by-episode posts, and “Anime Half Season Review” is a review of an anime every 6 episodes, because I don’t have enough time (read: too lazy) to write one every episode, the anime is an old one so writing one every episode would be pointless, or it’s one that I’ve started watching later in the season.
For Working!!, it’s the third scenario. I started watching everything in the middle of the season, so I didn’t really have time to catch up on every series.
And thus begins the VERY FIRST ANIME HALF SEASON REVIEW WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Basically, this anime is about…
!! (because every anime /needs/ exclamation marks)
There are people who work in a restaurant whose name is VERY VERY CAREFULLY CONCEALED, so I have CIRCLED it for your CONVENIENCE
And then one day they realize THEY DON’T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE
AND SO THEY SEND SOMEONE OUT TO RECRUIT PEOPLE
- And so by asking random strangers on the street, she finds someone called awesomebananadancer Takanashi SOUTA who is obviously by first sight a very CREEPY LOLICON
- He is so creepy that he likes DAPHNIA.
- But thank god he likes Daphnia or else I couldn’t have cheated on my Science (Well, the teacher revealed their name anyways)
- The person who recruited him is Taneshima POPURA who was supposed to grow as tall as a POPLAR tree but GENETIC MUTATIONS made her REALLY REALLY SHORT
- Anyways she forced strongly recommended Souta to work for no pay at all.
- So he goes to WORK.
- The ASSISTANT MANAGER is this person, Shirafuji KYOUKO:
- Who basically does nothing all day and eats the store’s supply of PARFAITS.
- Next is Todoroki YACHIYO who was BULLIED as a kid:
- But KYOUKO “saved” her so she works at Whateveryoucallthatstorename. No, not when she was in elementary. Well, hopefully not when she was in elementary…
- Then there are some boring chefs who do not have even anywhere close of a resemblance between a certain awesome pirate because only one of them has blond hair and smokes.
- Satou JUN is the one who is epic but Souma HIROOMI is just some random n00b who happens to be able to blackmail almost anyone.
- Finally Inami MAHIRU is some random person who’s scared of men so she PWNS THEM LIEK RLY HARD LOLOLOL
- …No, seriously.
- So we have these main characters. Then we realize
- THERE IS NO MANAGER
- So he comes back from vacation to the restaurant:
- However, he brought souvenirs for Kyouko to eat. This makes Yachiyo jealous cause we all know her parfaits are the only type of food in the world so she STABS STABS STABS STABS SOPRANO TENOR ALTO BASS SAXOPHONE!
You then realize that Satou is in love with Yachiyo, who is in love with Kyouko. But obviously, as this is a moeblob anime, nothing happens out of that!
A drunken Suika Kozue then appears, who reveals that she is Souta’s SISTER. KOZUE reveals that Souta CROSSDRESSED when he was little because he could only wear his sisters’ old clothes. Obviously this is very, very bad for his reputation and so he BLACKMAILS EVERYONE
We get introduced to the rest of his sisters, one of which is a NOVELIST, Takanashi IZUMI
- That pile of paper behind her is her room. :/
- Then we have an EVIL LAWYER, Takanashi KOZUE
- And finally a NORMAL person, Takanashi NAZUNA.
- As it’s a moeblob anime, there’s basically NO PLOT WHATSOEVER! Meaning after introducing the characters the show is /over/.
- Oh and there’s this:
- …The thing is, what is there to say about this? It’s based on a 4koma. I’m not gonna analyze anything because /there’s NOTHING TO ANALYZE/.
- Yet, that is.
- As for the show itself, it’s interesting; there’s no continuous plot (how many times did I say this now), but each individual scene is humourous enough.
- I would recommend it to people who like watching k-On!, etc., but not to many others. To be honest I was not very satisfied with the anime, but who knows what’s going to happen next?
- Nevertheless, one thing comes to my attention.
- One is why ANIME! ALWAYS! NEEDS!! EXCLAMATION!!! MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!. It makes my sense of grammar wince in pain. “I watched the new anime, Working!!.”. You have exclamation marks and then a period. Working!! is not a sentence by itself; you can’t say: “I watched. Working!! It was interesting.” So then why would they include the exclamation marks?
- But they’re there for like EVERY ANIME. Durarara!. Angel Beats!. Working!!. k-On!. Mayoi Neko Overrun!. This is a Nonexistant Anime by Mushy!?!?.
- Anyways, yeah. If you’ve got stuff to do I wouldn’t recommend watching this anime but if you’re lazy and bored, this is a good way to burn off some time.